Connect with us

COVID 19

Death of a 10 year old – Health Ministry to launch case review for suspected negligence.

MNN

Published

on

The death of the 10 year old Fathmath Mishka Mohamed last night has forced the Ministry of Health to launch a case review for suspected negligence. This comes after the family revealed that they had to wait almost 2 hours for the ambulance to arrive after the child’s conditions started to deteriorate.

According to her family, an ambulance was called at around 21:00 but arrived at 23:40pm. They stated that they had repeatedly called the  Health Protection Agency hotline number “1676” but was assured that the “ambulance is on the way” for the span of  1 hour 40 minutes.

According to the local “Mihaaru news”, the child was in quarantine at her home along with her father and mother after all  three were tested positive for COVID-19.  She was reportedly having breathing difficulties and nasal bleeding.

COVID 19

Experts warn of third wave of pandemic in India if health protocols ignored.

Adam Layaan Kurik Riza

Published

on

As the ongoing second wave of COVID-19 started a health decline in India, health experts have been giving out numerous warnings on how likely it is for there to be another wave of the outbreak, quoting the disregard for health protocol in the midst of eased restrictions and a lethargic vaccine rollout.

On Wednesday morning India reported 50,848 new cases in the last 24 hours, bringing the case tally to cross the 30 million mark and reach 30,028,709 while the death toll reached 390,660.

The recovery rate in the country has increased to 96.5 percent

Local governments across India ordered relaxations because of the declining number of daily cases but multiple amounts of experts and watch dogs have been giving warnings which have been pointing towards the possibility of a third outbreak.

The catastrophic second wave of the pandemic caught India unexpectedly and it saw the country’s hospitals overwhelmed especially in major cities and towns. The rush of patients coming in caused doctors to struggle due to the shortage of oxygen supplies and essential medicines.

The Indian authorities are the ones responsible for this according to experts for ignoring warnings and going ahead with conducting elections in several states, besides allowing a mega Hindu religious congregation called Kumbh Mela.

 

The eased restrictions in the capital Delhi caused thousands to crowd metro stations and shopping centers, prompting health experts to warn of the possible comeback of COVID-19 infections.

Last week, the Delhi high court informed that the violation of COVID-19 protocols will only hasten the third wave of the pandemic. The authorities were asked to take strict measures against violators and sensitize shopkeepers about the COVID-19 protocol.

The high court said if flouting of COVID19 continues “we will be in great trouble”.

With businesses resuming their activities in the capital, doctors have also given advice by saying that Delhi could face a “worse than second wave situation” if people are careless with a low guard and do not obey the safety norms.

Director of India’s premier health institute – All India institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Randeep Guleria said last week that the third wave of COVID-19 could hit the country in the next six to eight weeks.

V K Paul, member (health) of the Indian government’s top policy think tank, National institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog (commission), said vaccination against the COVID-19 gives at least 94 percent protection from infection and reduce the chances of hospitalization by 75-80 percent.

The nationwide vaccination against COVID-19 started in India on January 16th and so far, only about 5 million people or some 5 percent out of the country’s total adult population of 940 million, have received the two doses of the vaccine, according to the health ministry

Continue Reading

COVID 19

153 hospital employees in U.S. Houston resign or fired after refusing vaccination.

Adam Layaan Kurik Riza

Published

on

More than 150 healthcare workers who disobeyed the hospital system’s COVID-19 vaccine mandate have been terminated or their resignations accepted in U.S. Houston, media reported Wednesday.

According to The Texas Tribune, Houston Methodist – One of the first health systems to require the vaccine – has terminated or accepted the resignations of 153 workers, it’s spokeswoman Gale Smith said.

In April, Houston Methodist announced the requirement of its staff to get the vaccine by June 7 in order to keep their jobs, reports said. While 24,947 workers did get vaccinated, the hospital suspended 178 workers who failed to do so by the deadline, they were given two more months to prove they have been immunized. Twenty-Five of those employees did get vaccinated, Smith said.

A lawsuit brought by one of the employees stating that the policy was unlawful was dismissed by a federal district court judge at an earlier time in this month.

The CEO of Houston Methodist Marc Boom encouraged the ruling, stating that “employees and physicians made their decisions for our patients, who are always at the center of what we do.”

Following Houston Methodist’s action, a rising number of healthcare organizations based in the United States have opted to impose vaccine mandates.

Continue Reading

COVID 19

In Videos: COVID-19 Delta varient.

MNN

Published

on

By

Continue Reading

Trending